We've had our first Salon, with the subject, What is Love? and it was a success. Stimulating, interesting and thought-provoking.
First Thursday of every month.
Please arrive at 7pm if you want to join in. Call us at 434 361 1766 if you plan on coming so we can count you in.
The idea: We gather, and someone will have tossed out a subject of reflection the week before for the group to ponder, and we discuss over wine,
breadand cheese. Or something of the sort. If this group is anything like previous groups in Paris, as the wine flows, so too does the discussion become animated, morphing from said chosen (tame and cerebral) subject into more sensual topics. Open to all subjects; onlygossip is banned.
Like movie night, our Thursday Night Salons will evolve depending on you.
Some subjects we could possibly discuss:
- What does it mean to be good? What is goodness? Tuesday 31 Jan
- What deters crime or, more particularly, bad action?
- Is there such a thing as altruism?
- What is pride?
- What does it mean to do good?
- What does it take to lead a happy life?
- What is most important in life?
We are open to your suggestions: philosophy, literature, politics (oooh, could get tricky in today’s climate), and so on. So email us your thoughts and come stimulate those brain cells.